Why choose us?
Because Asia is complicated…
Enormous opportunities exist in the Asia region, but the potential prize and timeframe in which it can be achieved vary greatly – according to market and industry.
The region is home to over 2 billion people – ranging from amongst the richest in the world to some of the poorest. Cultures, customs and consumer behaviour vary significantly. So do languages, foods, leisure activities – and “hot buttons”.
The future potential is bright, as economies in the region continue to post some of the highest growth rates in the world. But charting a course for growth in the region – then executing that strategy – is complex. The business environment is completely different from the domestic environment: consumer – and customer – motivators are different; business dealings are different; laws are different. In many economies, information is not accessible or inaccurate. At best, understanding the environment is difficult. At worst, a firm does not realize it faces an issue until it has already made a mistake. Simply put, the biggest hurdle facing a western company entering the region is understanding, and the resultant financial risk.
Our core principle is centered on providing a solution that minimizes initial outlays – and therefore risk – but that is specifically designed to allow growth and expansion. In our experience, the ability to avoid unnecessary expenditure is not only a key differentiator between success and failure, it is often the critical factor in a region where time horizons are longer.
In other words, a scalable business model. From this concept comes our name: Scalability Group.
We look to best practice in the region, but ultimately recognize that every company’s needs are different, and our skill lies in aligning a client’s Asian activities with their global objectives and practices in a way that is culturally- and economy- appropriate for the clients’ markets.
We specialize in helping consumer durables companies. Understanding FMCG best practice, we have a deep knowledge of the specialized needs in the durables space.
We take pride in our ability to find practical, effective approaches that deliver.
Our competitive strength lies in three things:
- our deep knowledge of the region and what works, where – as well as what doesn’t. This knowledge extends across the region, and has been built from practical in-market experience, at all levels from entry to executive, supported by academic learning and consumer insights
- our understanding of what is transferable across markets and cultures – and what is not – we have no bias towards any one market or cultural view
- our ability to make this knowledge meaningful, useful – and usable – to management outside the region
We offer a complete package from developing regional strategy, through market-specific planning, to facilitating execution.
Our focus is sales and marketing operations, including support functions from a simple distributor model through to a subsidiary.
We assist new entrants, and existing players looking for improved performance.
- Regional strategy
- Market entry planning
- Including facilitating execution
- Market expansion planning
- Including facilitating execution
- Market overviews
- Market and competitor analysis
- Distribution / channel evaluation and planning
- Commercial operation evaluation and planning
- Staff alignment and education
- Distributor evaluation
- Distributor alignment and education
- Facilitating channel management
- Facilitating retail and distribution negotiation
If you would like more information on how to expand your business in Asia, please Contact Us